What’s Nu? Community Calendar
These events are open to all, but it is a good idea to RSVP. Some may require reservations.
Mondays, February 3, 10 and 24 (each session independent)
- Reading Hebrew – Beyond the Basics: Learn Hebrew Songs while Practicing Hebrew Reading with Rabbi Robert Rubin; for those who know the Hebrew letters and vowels but want practice to improve their skill and comfort level; 7:00-8:30 PM; Temple Beth Or, 200 Van Zile Road, Brick; no charge; 732-458-4700
Wednesdays, February 5, 12, 19 and 26 (each session independent)
- Wisdom of the Ages … Wisdom of the Sages – Lessons from Pirkei Avot (Ethics of the Ancestors); with Rabbi Robert Rubin; 10:00-11:30 AM; no Hebrew required; Temple Beth Or, 200 Van Zile Road, Brick; no charge; 732-458-4700
Tuesday, February 4 and 18
- Ethics of the Fathers: Wisdom & Ethics from the Sages; with Rabbi William Gershon; 1:30 PM; Congregation B’nai Israel, 1488 Old Freehold Road, Toms River; 732-349-1244
Tuesday, February 25
- Women’s Rosh Chodesh Program; 12:00 Noon; light lunch served; RSVP required; Congregation B’nai Israel, 1488 Old Freehold Road, Toms River; 732-349-1244
Friday, February 28
- Shabbat Across America Dinner and Service (in coordination with NJOP); Dinner at 6:00 PM; Learning Service at 7:30 PM; followed by an Oneg Shabbat dessert reception; Cost for Dinner: $20/adult, $10/child ages 13-18, free/child under 13, $40/family maximum (for salmon, add $2/person); paid reservations for dinner required by February 21; donations accepted for “MAZON: The Jewish Response to Hunger” which gives grants to organizations all over America to fight hunger; Temple Beth Or, 200 Van Zile Road, Brick; 732-458-4700
- Shabbat Across America Service and Dinner (in coordination with NJOP); Service at 6:00 PM followed by Shabbat dinner; Cost for Dinner: $22/adult, $8/child ages 6-17; free/child under 6; paid reservations for dinner required; Congregation Ahavat Olam, 106 Windeler Road, Howell; 732-719-3500
Friday, February 28 and Saturday, February 29
- Celebrate Your Birthday; Shabbat Services at 6:00 PM on Friday, 9:30 AM on Saturday; Congregation Ahavat Olam, 106 Windeler Road, Howell; 732-719-3500; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, March 7
Hamantashen Bake; 5:30 PM; Beth Am Shalom 1235 Rt 70 Lakewood; $5/batch of 5-7 hamantashen; RSVP to email@example.com or call 732-363-2800.
Tuesday, March 10
Purim In Italy; 5:30 PM. Multimedia Megillah Reading, Italian Cuisine, Entertainment for all ages, Music, Wine, Crafts. Hall at Jackson Crossing 21 S. Hope Chapel Rd. $10/child, $18/adult, $50/family; RSVP chabadofjackson.com/PurimItaly or 732-523-5112
Monday, March 30
Miriam's Seder; 6:00 PM. Women of Beth Am Shalom and Congregation Sha'Arey Ha-Yam will be having our annual event. Open to all women. Please contact the Temple office, 732-363-2800 for additional information.
Sunday, May 3
Save the Date:
Lakewood Blue Claws
, 1:00 PM. This isn’t just an ordinary day at the ballpark, this is a day when Beth Am Shalom's B’nai Ruach children’s choir will be singing the National Anthem before the game. Come cheer on the choir and stay to cheer on the home team. Tickets are $15 each. Contact Holly Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org
to secure your number of tickets ASAP with more details on payment and ticket distribution at a later date.
Sunday, July 26
Save the Date: CJSCC annual concert featuring Kol Esparanza. Jackson Memorial High School
For inclusion in this and the Jewish Journal Community Calendar, email the basic information to the Jewish Federation Editorial Committee at email@example.com.